Packt Publishing recently published a new Drupal book for e-commerce. As the title suggests – Drupal E-commerce with Ubercart 2.x – the book helps unexperienced developers to create and administer an online shop based on Drupal and a Ubercart 2.x module. The book was written by George Papadongonas and Yiannis Doxaras.
The book is quite comprehensive and deals with every aspect of the development of an online shop. From installing Drupal and Ubercart to managing orders, customizing the frontend and user interface. Also at the end of the book there is a chapter about various internet marketing techniques and also a short presentation of some Search Engine Optimization practices.
Among some of the interesting topics i noticed:
- a detailed explanation of how to transform any template or design to an Ubercart theme
- you can learn how to create shipping quotes and connect your store with transport companies, like UPS or the United States Postal Service.
- you can learn how to create reports with sales
- you can learn how to integrate a large number of payment gateways
- integration with CiviCRM is explained
- tips on how to promote your products on social networks
- cross selling and recommendation systems
So, those who want to get in the business of creating online shops, should read this book!